AISI 4130 is a low alloy steel containing molybdenum and chromium as strengthening agents. The carbon content is nominally 0.30% and with this relatively low carbon content the alloy is excellent from the fusion weldability standpoint.
· Grade: Alloy steel
· Standard: AISI, ASTM, BS, DIN, GB, JIS
· Thickness: Max:800mm
· Width: 205mm~2300mm
· Length: 1000mm~6000mm
· Place of Origin: China (Mainland)
· Model Number: 1.7220 / SCM430 / 30CrMo4 / 4130 ; 4140/42CrMo4/1.7225; En24 34CrNiMo6 1.6582 4340.
· Application: Mould steel
· Technique: Forged
· Special Use: Mold Steel ,Statically and dynamically stressed components for vehicles, engines and machines. For parts of larger cross-sections, crankshafts, gears.
· Shape: Round bars/Flat bar/Plate
· Technology: Hot Rolled/Forged/Clod Draw
· Heat treatment: Annealing/Q+T
· Surface treatment:Black/Peeling/Polishing/Machined
· Delivery condition: Hot rolled or forged/ Peeled or black surface/annealed or QT
· Customer's logo: Available
· Test: SGS/UT100%/Elements testing
· Certificate: ISO/Mill certificate
· Experience: Ten years manufacturer experience
This grade is similar to 4140 in scope which has a higher carbon level giving 4130 an advantage when it comes to weldability, this weldability is achieved at the cost of through section hardenability.
AISI 4130 steel is a low alloy steel that is used in structural designs that may be found in applications such as aircraft engine mounts or welded tubing. It is well known for its ease of welding and ability to harden in commercial applications. It is commonly referred to as chromium-molybdenum steel.