AISI 4140 is a chromium molybdenum alloy steel specification widely used in the oil and gas industry. Similar to grade AISI 4130 but with a slightly higher carbon content.
American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI 4140) is a member of the low alloy tool steel family characterized by small quantities of trace elements added to an otherwise simple steel. These trace elements, when compared with more simple steel such as 1040, improves the characteristics of 4140 . However, because 4140 remains relatively simple, it is used in a wider range of applications than more specialized tool steels like the D or S series of steel.
· Grade: Alloy steel
· Standard: AISI, ASTM, BS, DIN, GB, JIS
· Thickness: Max:800mm
· Width: 205mm~2300mm
· Length: 1000mm~6000mm
· Place of Origin: China (Mainland)
· Model Number: 1.7220 / SCM430 / 30CrMo4 / 4130 ; 4140/42CrMo4/1.7225; En24 34CrNiMo6 1.6582 4340.
· Application: Mould steel
· Technique: Forged
· Special Use: Mold Steel ,Statically and dynamically stressed components for vehicles, engines and machines. For parts of larger cross-sections, crankshafts, gears.
· Shape: Round bars/Flat bar/Plate
· Technology: Hot Rolled/Forged/Clod Draw
· Heat treatment: Annealing/Q+T
· Surface treatment:Black/Peeling/Polishing/Machined
· Delivery condition: Hot rolled or forged/ Peeled or black surface/annealed or QT
· Customer's logo: Available
· Test: SGS/UT100%/Elements testing
· Certificate: ISO/Mill certificate
· Experience: Ten years manufacturer experience
One of the most popular alloys for Oil Field applications, a high proportion of which is in Tubular form for downhole tools and accessories.